Saturday, December 06, 2008

Drawing

I've been doing a figure drawing get-together this winter, once a week. About 10 Artist gather at the Redtail Gallery in Sanpoint, Idaho, owned by Mark Kobiak, who is a Sculptor. We hire a live model to work from and has been a great excersize for myself and I think everyone. Althought this paticular drawing isn't from the class. I ordered a figure drawing book by Henry Yan's and I think he is one of the best drawers I have seen. So while I'm watching T.V. at night I have been drawing from his book, so these are copies of his work, but the point is a person has to start somewhere and it makes me draw and in the long run it will make me a better painter, drawer and Artist as a hole.

media: charcoal on newsprint-gray
size: 7x11

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home